Cleveland Play House's new Apprenticeship program is a dynamic and engaging program for young professionals and future colleagues in the field. The apprenticeship introduces recently graduated college & post-graduate students in an intensive experience with a top-tier American theater. Apprentices will work with individual departments and top professionals in the field to gain practical experiences and skills working in a regional theater. Our central goal is to train future leaders that will transform the field.As apprentices you will:
- Learn the inner workings of one of the oldest theater companies in the country.
- Interact and network with various professionals and artists at Cleveland Play House and theaters in Cleveland.
- Develop skills in leadership, diversity, collaboration, and artistry.
- Influence Cleveland Play House and impact individual departments through projects and leadership opportunities.
- Engage in Professional Development Seminars.
- Unique volunteer opportunities and access to CPH events
Working in professional theater requires experience. Working in an apprenticeship program provides a bridge into the professional world to help gain the work experience and connections needed to work in arts administration and production. Cleveland Play House's apprenticeship program focuses on leadership, diversity, collaboration, and artistry as a focal point for training future leaders and colleagues.What departments can I be an apprentice in?
We have a variety of departments that are available to be an apprentice:
- Scenic Painting
Additional materials for candidates applying in the following departments:
Marketing and Media: Submit a website address that contains a reel of their work for review.
Scenic Painting: Submit (up to) 5 photographs of their scenic painting or fine art work
Applications for the Apprenticeship will be accepted through March 15th. Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in ONE PDF FILE. The File should read DEPARTMENT.LASTNAME.FIRSTNAME
- Cover Letter
- 2 references (one professional, one academic)
- Personal Statement.
- Tell us about yourself and your first memorable arts experience.
- Why are you interested in the apprenticeship program at Cleveland Play House?
- Cleveland Play House has three core values at the center of its work: artistry, community, and life-long learning. Pick one of the values and explain why this particular value resonates with you?
- March 15th: Apprenticeship Application Deadline
- April 15th: Notification of Interview
- May 1st: Notification of Hire Status