KeyBank CPH College
KeyBank CPH College is a unique program that introduces you to the circle of artists creating professional theatre here at CPH, allowing you to discover the powerful impact theatre plays in your community and your life. You will work closely with CPH teaching artist; skilled CPH artisans in lights, set design, and costumes; and performers and staff of a CPH current mainstage show. He or she will also be part of our job shadowing program where you can shadow a current CPH artist or staff member. Other duties include building a community, learning the different elements of a professional theater, attending CPH mainstage productions, and having fun.
- CPH College runs during our mainstage season. This usually begins in September and ending in May. Students will also have the opportunity to attend our week-long summer intensive in June.
- One Saturday during each mainstage show. Our Saturday usually starts around 10am and ends about 5pm.
- Be 18 years old or younger
- In grades 9-12, or the scholarly equivalent
- In the process of earning a high school diploma, or the professional equivalent
- Reside in, or be in driving distance of Cleveland
- Have a strong desire to work and learn the elements of a professional theater and express this interest in the application
- Carefully read through the instructions and submit a thoughtfully completed application.
Benefits & Perks
- Each student is able to attend each CPH mainstage production, work with professional artists through workshops and master classes, learn about various aspects of a top-tier theater.
- A provided lunch, professional development and networking opportunities.
How to Apply
All applicants will need to fill out a CPH College Application including essays and a teacher recommendation. To submit your application via:
- Mail - send to Cleveland Play House, ATTN: CPH College, 1901 E. 13th Street, Ste. 200, Cleveland, OH, 44414
- Email - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Acting Intensive
July 13 - August 2, 2014
Cleveland Play House, in collaboration with Cleveland State University, is offering an accredited, three-week acting intensive for students ages 15-18. Ideal for anyone serious about acting, the course offers personalized instruction with CPH's and CSU's faculty of working artists and is designed to develop imagination, concentration, character, professionalism, and technique, as well as to strengthen command of body and voice. Classes are held in the heart of Cleveland's downtown theatre district at PlayhouseSquare in newly renovated classrooms, rehearsal halls, and lab theatre space.
Course: Three-week intensive for students ages 15-18
Credits: Three college credits through CSU
Cost: $3,000 tuition / $600 room-and-board / meal plan available
For more information or to apply, please contact CPH Director of Education Pamela DiPasquale at 216.400.7060 or email@example.com.
Play Dates (ages 5 – 12)
A new CPH program designed to allow parents, grandparents and caregivers the opportunity to experience theatre with their child in a unique setting!
When adults purchase a ticket to a CPH Mainstage production, they can turn it into a "Play Date" with their child. While the grown-ups are watching the performance, children are creating it in a unique "playshop" taught by experienced teaching artists that ties directly into the themes of the performance. At the end of the Play Date, families receive an "art is fun" kit with more activities for home!
"With my imagination I got to go wherever and whenever I wanted."
– Zeke & Arthur, ages 9 & 5
"My 6-year old and I had our Play Date yesterday and what a great experience for both of us! The production is visual stunning and wildly though-provoking, the new theater is everything a theater should be and MORE, and my daughter was still talking about how far the moon is from the sun when she drifted to sleep last night!"
– Kim S., attended Play Date for The Life of Galileo
Play Dates are being offered for children ages 5-9 and 10-12 for the following productions:
See a play, then write about it in our brand new Play.Write! Program.
Want to participate? It's simple: Watch a Mainstage production or participate in an educational program. Write a critical essay (as long or as short as you wish). Post it on our site. Get your family and friends to vote for their favorite critical essay. Win a family pass to view in an upcoming CPH Mainstage production.