Cleveland Play House's Internship Program provides current high school and college students, graduates, professionally minded adults and career changers an opportunity to learn from the nation's top theatre artists and professionals at a unique arts facility producing top-tier theatre that is contemporary in style and substance. This hands-on experience is tailored to provide the maximum educational benefit to each participant.
General interns work part-time (20 hours per week) in the administrative departments at CPH. These departments include Administration, Artistic, Development, Education, Marketing and Media and, Information Systems. Production interns work full-time (40 hours per week) during the production season in the following departments/areas Stage Management or Design, including Sound, Costumes, Properties, Scenic Painting, and Electrics.
Internships for all departments are available during the following quarters:
- Summer (May-August)
- Fall (September-December)
- Spring (January-May)
Benefits of the CPH Internship ProgramInterns will be able to:
- Engage in hands-on-learning in the field of their choice.
- Take part in networking and mentoring opportunities.
- Work in the vibrant community of Downtown Cleveland.
- Become a motivated arts participant through leadership development
- Receive a small stipend or credit.